Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sad News!

Today I got a call with the news that my friend's husband passed away unexpectedly. He died of a heart attack and he was younger than me! I can not imagine what she is going through. She has five children, the youngest being 2 mo.'s. It makes me realize how fortunate I am to have my husband and children in my life. I often get caught up in the mundane that I forget how truly blessed I am. Experiences like this help me realize that I need to appreciate my loved ones more, serve without complaint, love unconditionally, live in the moment and be grateful for what I have. This earth life is short, yet so important. I want to focus on the things that matter most, that have eternal consequences. My heart goes out to my friend Amy. My thoughts and prayers are with her as she goes through the grieving process. I know she will be lifted up and comforted during her time of loss. The Lord will not leave us comfortless.

No comments: