Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rita's Farm


Today I took the three younger kids to Rita's Farm. It's pretty close to our house. I had never been there before. I needed some corn stalks for my fall decorations, so I decided to stop. Stepping foot on that soil and smelling the smell of fresh manure and straw brought so many memories of my Grandpa's Farm. I loved going to visit Grandma and Grandpa every summer. I never quite got used to the smell of the farm, but I loved escaping city life and enjoying the farm life for a little bit. My Grandpa was a dairy farmer. He was a hard worker and an incredible man. His farm no longer exists. There is a subdivision where it used to be. It makes me sad that my kids don't get to visit Grandpa Peck's Farm. He passed away while I was pregnant with Alisha. I am so grateful that today my little ones were able to walk through the farm and see all the animals- chickens, roosters, cats, cows, horses, ducks, dogs, etc... There seems to be very few farms left in our area. What a treasure for my kids to have a farm so close. It is a great place to take the kids for them to get a little taste of farm life.
P.S. Stacy did have a skirt on, it just wouldn't stay on, it was too big- so, she rid herself of it and ran free... (just in case you were wondering why she is sporting a diaper in some of the pictures)

































































































































No comments: